At Syska Hennessy Group we strive to protect the privacy of visitors to the site that we operate (collectively, the “Site”). You can navigate the Site without giving us any personal information that identifies you. However, sometimes we need additional information about you in order to provide you with information or services you want to receive from us.
We are responsible for protecting your personal information as a “data controller” under applicable data protection legislation. If you have any queries about this Policy or how we use your personal information, please contact us by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy sets out the basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The Information We Collect
Syska collects two basic types of information:
- Personally identifiable information/Personal Data (referred to herein as Personal Data): This is information that personally identifies one individual from another or enables you to be individually contacted (for example, names, e-mail addresses and other contact information). This information is voluntarily provided to us by Site visitors and is used by us for the purpose of responding to user submissions and fulfilling requests for further information about our services. For example, when you use our “contact us” feature. Information provided by users to our ‘talent network,’ is held by a third-party dedicated career organization on our behalf. No information will be shared with non-affiliated third parties without your consent.
- Aggregate user and tracking information: This information gives us insights on how Site visitors use our site. This data is anonymous and does not contain any personally identifiable information. We use this information to ensure that our website, e-mails and marketing efforts continue to appeal to Site visitors and clients.
Why We Collect Information
We collect this information for the purposes described in the section titled “How we use information”. The lawful basis for which we process your information
- your consent;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party. If you fail to provide this information we may be unable to perform the contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
- processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party, except where your rights as a data subject override our legitimate interest.
How We Use Information
We will use your Personal Data:
- to provide you with services, products or information you have requested;
- to provide you with information about products we think may be of interest to you; and
- to notify you about changes to our services; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
If you are based in the EU, we will only use your Personal Data for electronic marketing purposes if we are allowed to do this by law or if we have your consent. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date. If you would rather not receive marketing material from us, please let us know at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy.
We will never disclose your Personal Data to a non-affiliated third party without first receiving your permission.
Other information Syska collects
When you visit this Site, we may automatically collect some information about your visit using
cookies, log analysis software and other tracking technologies.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information about the use of the Site to improve the navigation, content, and design of the Site. This information may include, for example, the most and least requested pages, analyzing traffic regarding specific features, and the number of users from the U.S. and other countries, among other things.
Syska will not sell or distribute personally identifiable information collected from you outside of Syska without your consent (subject to the limited exceptions stated in this policy).
International Transfers (EU based users)
If you are based in the EU, we will need to transfer your personal information to the USA for the purposes listed in this policy. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal information.
For How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary. We will retain your information for any period required by law, and where we are not under a legal obligation to retain your information, we will determine what is necessary by reference to the lawful basis for processing set out above and our legitimate interests.
If you have any questions about how long we keep your information, please contact us.
Your Rights Under Data Protection Law (If You Are Based in the EU)
Syska does not have individual customer accounts. If Syska were to enable the creation of such accounts, and If you then create an account with us, you would be able to sign into your account to access and update your information. Alternatively, you can manage your marketing preferences at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
You have a right to ask us to confirm whether we are processing information about you, and to request access to this information (‘right of access’). You also have the right to be informed of the safeguards we have in place relating to any transfers of your information to another country.
You may ask us, or we may ask you, to rectify information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate or complete information which is incomplete (‘right to rectification’). If you inform us that your personal data is inaccurate, we will inform relevant third parties with whom we have shared your data so they may update their own records.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided us with changes, for example if you change your email address, name, payment details, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know using the contact details at the end of this policy.
You have a right to obtain your personal data from us and reuse it for your own purposes, perhaps for another service, without hindering the usability of the data (‘right of portability’). This right does not apply where processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
You have a right to seek the erasure of your data (often referred to as the ‘right to be forgotten’). You may wish to exercise this right for any reason, for example where it is no longer necessary for us to continue holding or processing your personal data you may withdraw your consent. You should note that we are entitled to and reserve the right to retain your data for statistical purposes. This right is not absolute, as we may need to continue processing this information, for example, to comply with our legal obligations, or for reasons of public interest.
You have a right to ask us to restrict our processing of your information (‘right to restriction’)
- you contest its accuracy and we need to verify whether it is accurate
- the processing is unlawful and you ask us to restrict use of it instead of erasing it
- we no longer need the information for the purpose of processing, but you need it to establish or defend legal claims
- you have objected to processing of your information being necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or for the purposes of our legitimate interests. The restriction would apply while we carry out a balancing act between your rights and our legitimate interests.
- you exercise your right to restrict processing, we would still need to process your information for the purpose of exercising or defending legal claims, protecting the rights of another person or for public interest reasons.
You have a right to prevent us from processing your data for the purposes of marketing.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please let us know using the contact details at the end of this policy. We will act in accordance with your instructions as soon as reasonably possible and there will be no charge.
You have a right to report any of your concerns about our use of your data to the relevant data protection authority in your EU country.
If the email address you provide to Syska is a wireless address, you agree to receive messages at such address from Syska. You understand that your wireless carrier’s standard rates apply to these messages. You represent and warrant that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device on which messages will be received, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges associated therewith.
No hyperlinking is permitted to the Site without the express written permission of Syska.
Your use of the Site does not give you permission to use any of Syska’ names, logos, designs, slogans, product trademark or service marks (“Syska’s Marks”) in any manner, or to use Syska’s Marks or any other words or codes in any “metatag” or to use other information location tools to identify and select sites, without Syska’s express written permission for a particular use.
Syska uses reasonable technological, physical and other measures to keep information protected from unauthorized access. Due to the nature of the Internet and related technology, we cannot guarantee the security of information and Syska expressly disclaims any such obligation.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), Syska understands the need to protect the privacy of children. The Site is not intended for use by individuals under 13 years of age. Syska does not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Data from children under the age of 13 at our Site.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You may update or remove the information you provided to us by contacting us – see “Contact Us” below. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business. Information stored as part of this backup process will be deleted in due course on a regular schedule.
Links To Other Websites
Our Site contains links to other websites. Syska is not responsible for any websites that it does
not own or operate.
By completing forms provided by Syska and providing personal information through the Site, through any means, and by using the Site and services contained therein, you hereby represent and warrant that:
- You are an actual person of at least 18 years of age, you have the right to provide the information that you submit to Syska, and the information you submit is accurate, complete and truthful; and
Jobs and Internships
How To Contact Us