Syska Hennessy Group Receives Six Engineering Excellence Awards from ACEC New York
New York, NY — Syska Hennessy Group, an international consulting, engineering and commissioning firm, has won six Engineering Excellence awards from the American Council of Engineering Companies New York (ACEC New York).
The annual awards program, which culminates in a gala held in the spring, honors member firms for “design achievements of superior skill and ingenuity,” according to the association. Each year, “over 60 firms submit projects that are judged on a rigorous set of criteria, which includes complexity, innovation and value to society.”
Syska Hennessy’s award-winning projects for the 2018 program include:
- Diamond Award, Special Projects, for “Office of the Future,” the world’s first 3D-printed commercial office building. Syska was part of the team that designed, printed, assembled, and fit out this modern workplace, which is on the campus of Dubai’s Museum of the Future.
- Diamond Award, Building/Technology Systems, for Lotte World Tower. Syska designed MEP engineering systems to maximize usable area and minimize energy usage in the world’s fifth-tallest building, which is located in Seoul, South Korea.
- Gold Award, Energy, for Governors Island. Syska provided a complete upgrade and reconfiguration of the existing electrical infrastructure on the historic island in Upper New York Bay.
- Gold Award, Building/Technology Systems, for Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Syska provided MEP and fire protection services in the transformation of a long-vacant office building from the 1980s in Middletown, New Jersey, into a world-class, state-of-the-art cancer care facility.
- Gold Award, Special Projects, for Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital. Syska served as the IPD-MEP engineer for 44 revitalization projects on the St. Luke’s Hospital Campus within an 18-month period.
- Silver Award, Industrial and Manufacturing Processes and Facilities, Brooklyn Army Terminal. Syska was a member of the project team that advised the NYC Economic Development Corporation on preparing 500,000 square feet of renovated, leasable space for light industrial tenants.
“The ACEC New York awards are our local version of the Oscars for engineers, so we feel quite honored to win six awards,” says Cyrus Izzo, co-president of Syska Hennessy Group. “We’re also pleased that the winning projects reflect a broad cross-section of our practice areas, with healthcare, corporate, infrastructure and energy all represented.
Syska Hennessy Group is the leading global, full-service MEP, information and communication tech- nology (ICT) and commissioning engineering firm. With more than 500 professionals across 17 offic- es, the company provides a full range of engineering services for projects of every size and budget. Since 1928, Syska has been designing smarter, safer, and more efficient buildings by integrating essential systems that respond and adapt to a changing world.