Industry Veteran Barry Subocz Joins Syska’s Information & Communication Technology Team
Barry Subocz, with more than 20 years of technical and project management experience in data center technology design, joins Syska New York’s information and communication technology (ICT) team as Associate Partner.
Reporting to ICT global practice leader Val Loh, Barry will serve as a supervising engineer, providing technology design and consulting services to support the firm’s growing financial and healthcare technology clients.
Throughout his career, Barry has consistently delivered projects on time and budget to the highest standards while improving his clients’ profit and performance. He joins Syska after seven years with Hewlett Packard, where he was responsible for creating structured cabling solutions for numerous Tier 3 and Tier 4 data centers in markets including government, financial, technology and retail.
His recent experience includes:
- Citibank—technology design services for the build out of a 3M sf, 42-story high rise, corporate HQ
- City of Seattle—technical lead on a next-generation data center project
- Canon—designed passive optical network structured cabling plant for new corporate HQ, including 800,000 sf of office space and a 12,000 sf Tier 3 data center
- Confidential pharmaceutical company—lead project engineer responsible for MEP/FP and structured cabling; project manager on a Tier 3 10,000 sf data center project in Carrollton, TX
- Stock Exchange of Thailand—part of the engineering management team for the build out of a new 30-story high rise and a Tier 4 data center
- Pfizer—designed a 40,000 sf data center in Needham, MA; campus and cabling solution in Morris Plains, NJ and created a cabling standard for global data center and floor build out