Commissioning (Cx) is an essential, valuable part of an organization’s strategy to ensure that its facilities operate properly, deliver the expected performance and are reliable, efficient and sustainable.
For more than 20 years, Syska Hennessy Group has been providing Cx services globally to sectors such as commercial interiors, critical facilities, education, government, healthcare, mixed use, retail, and science and technology.
We operate as a specialized group within Syska, providing consulting, commissioning and technical documentation services to building owners and managers in any geographic location worldwide. We ensure that clients’ facilities operate optimally, secure energy savings, avoid costly repetitive breakdowns, and achieve full equipment life and system reliability. We work with clients over decades and across multiple locations. In fact, we have several global client relationships that span two decades.
A good example that typifies Syska’s approach is a completed large project for CyrusOne, a data-center, and colocation provider located in San Antonio, Texas. To help CyrusOne rapidly deliver new data-center space, the Syska commissioning team mobilized an augmented staff from multiple offices to allow our client to compress the delivery schedule and complete their data center on an accelerated timeframe.
- Third-party commissioning agent
- Fundamental & enhanced LEED commissioning
- Critical systems
- Healthcare systems
- Commercial buildings
- LEED measurement & verification process
- LEED EB
- Commissioning script & specification development
- Commissioning standards development
- Design review
- Local Law 87
- Saves 10–20 percent of the total utility cost compared to a non-commissioned building.
- Reduced first costs and life-cycle costs related to construction, energy efficiency, and maintenance.
- Improved building performance.
- Improved operator and maintenance knowledge and training.
- Improved documentation.
- Fewer occupant interruptions.
- Reduced warranty callbacks.
- Enhanced facility value.
- Improved indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Smoother building turnover and occupancy