Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Our DEI Commitment
Engineering A World That Is Usable and Accessible for All
Syska Hennessy believes that an inclusive engineering and design process leads to a better user experience by meeting and supporting the needs of all people. To get there, we promote diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in our corporate culture – through recruitment, employee engagement, and training programs; and in every stage of the design and construction process – through partnerships and industry activism. Together we recognize that the creation of truly inclusive environments can only happen when they reflect the work of, and address the needs of, people from a wide range of backgrounds.
As we continue to amplify Syska’s DEI commitment, we are pursuing several strategies:
- Increasing our diversity by recruiting and hiring BIPOC, 2SLGBTQAI+ and female and marginalized professionals
- Continuing to foster and promote an inclusive culture that enhances the employee experience, engages staff, and supports a sense of belonging.
- Collaborating with leadership, our HR learning and development team, and our SHAPE ERG to further strengthen our culture of learning and mentorship.
- Expanding or establishing partnerships with organizations that increase opportunities for BIPOC, 2SLGBTQAI+ and female and marginalized professionals. Learn about Diversity Supplier Program. Click here.
- Working with owners, partners, and the A/E/C community to expand DEI in the design and construction of the built environment.
- Developing new initiatives and metrics in our business to continually improve diversity, equity, and inclusion at Syska Hennessy.
At Syska, everyone can bring their authentic self to work; that our different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are what are valued and respected. This speaks to our culture. Great buildings are designed by people with different skills, ideas, and cultural backgrounds. Diversity = strength.
For more information, see our DEI Brochure.