During a recent hurricane event with sustained winds, our client’s datacenter and central energy plant experienced zero downtime.
Located in a region of the United States that experiences extreme weather events, this new data center and central energy plant was designed to withstand any disruptive event.
To build a facility to meet every potential scenario and operational contingency, our client incorporated:
- Energy efficiency to support current operations and offset potential future shortages.
- Storm-proofing the exterior against damage from airborne debris.
- Structure with the ability to withstand seismic events.
- Meteorological control systems adapt operations to local weather events in real time.
- Multi-faceted security with redundancy and audited review.
- Staff training, wellness and safety considerations.
To learn more about designing resilience data centers please download this article, which was published in Syska’s biannual Connections magazine.